Can you believe March is almost over? We only have one more week! Where has the month gone??
Well, the great news is that every day that goes by brings me closer to my Alaska cruise! Only 50 days until we fly to Seattle!
Last week, I spent time trying to plan my 24 hours in Seattle. I’m sad that I don’t have more time, so I’m going to try to pack as much in as possible without killing myself. It’s only Day 1 of my vacation, so I don’t want to overdo it.
So far, my plan is the following:
- Get from the airport to the hotel – We still haven’t had figured this part out. We’re trying to figure out how we are going to do it. There are a ton of options. There’s Uber, a million different private tour transports, and taxis.
- Once we get to the hotel, I doubt we’ll be able to check in, but at least we can drop our stuff off.
- After the hotel, we get to start the fun stuff! First stop is going to be Pike’s Place Market. I’ve spent hours pouring over menus, reviews and websites trying to figure out what I’m going to eat when I get there. I can’t wait to see all the sights and sounds. I want to catch a fish and eat all the food.
- Next, we’re planning on wandering up to see the Space Needle. Due to the time constraints and financial constraints, I don’t think we’re going to go up in the Needle. That makes me sad, but at least we’ll be able to see it. And maybe hit up a gift shop!
- Once we explore that area, we’re going to do a Duck Boat tour. I’ve read some good reviews and have had a great time on other duck tours, so I’m really looking forward to this.
- After the Duck Boat, it will be time to eat again. The next two months will be spent searching for some sort of delicious dinner. Trying to find a restaurant that is cheap, delicious, close by and appeals to 5 very different appetites will be interesting, but I’m up for the challenge.
- Our final destination for the night will be the Seattle Great Wheel. I’m looking forward to this for some great views of the area.
So this is my rough itinerary for our day in Seattle. I’m so excited to experience the city and add a new state to my list.
Have you ever been to Seattle? What are some can’t-miss sights and restaurants? Am I missing something?